Schedule | Standings | Pac-12 Statistics | NCAA Statistics | Pac-12 Record Book
Pac-12 Women’s Soccer returns to the pitch with all 12 teams opening their 2023 regular seasons on Thursday, Aug. 17.
Tough Tests to Start
- A total of 22 matches are scheduled for the first weekend with 10 being televised across the Pac-12 Networks and Pac-12 Insider.
- Opening weekend will feature 11 true road contests, 10 power conference opponents, nine opponents that participated in the 2022 NCAA Tournament and a pair of top-25 opponents headlined by 2022 national runner-up and preseason No. 2 ranked North Carolina.
Thursday, August 17
- Michigan at #22 USC – 3 p.m. PT – Pac-12 Network
- Arizona at Iowa State – 4 p.m. PT
- California at Tennessee – 4 p.m. PT
- Utah at NC State – 4 p.m. PT – ACCNX
- Baylor at Oregon – 5 p.m. PT – Pac-12 Networks
- Northern Colorado at Colorado – 6 p.m. PT – Pac-12 Mountain
- Oregon State at San Francisco – 6 p.m. PT
- Eastern Washington at Washington State – 7 p.m. PT – Pac-12 Washington
- Georgia at #1 UCLA – 7 p.m. PT – Pac-12 Network
- Houston at Washington – 7 p.m. PT – Pac-12 Insider
- #11 Stanford at San Diego – 7 p.m PT – ESPN+
- Wright State at Arizona State – 7 p.m. PT
Sunday, August 20
- California at #2 North Carolina – 10 a.m. PT
- Utah at College of Charleston – 10 a.m. PT
- Georgia at #22 USC – 12 p.m. PT – Pac-12 Network
- Marquette at Colorado – 12 p.m. PT – Pac-12 Mountain
- Oregon State at #19 Santa Clara – 1 p.m. PT
- Washington at Idaho – 1 p.m. PT
- Portland at #1 UCLA – 2 p.m. PT – Pac-12 Network
- #11 Stanford at UC Irvine – 3 p.m. PT – ESPN+
- Washington State at Texas A&M – 4 p.m. PT – SEC Network+
- Mississippi State at Arizona State – 7 p.m. PT – Pac-12 Network
Road Heavy Non-Conference Slate
- Pac-12 Women’s Soccer sees the return of 33 of its 48 2022 All-Conference Team selections, including the entirety of the All-Freshman Team.
- 2022 Pac-12 Freshman of the Year and TopDrawerSoccer National Freshman of the Year, Elise Evans, will make her return as a Stanford Cardinal.
- Lilly Reale, 2022 Pac-12 Defender of the Year, returns to UCLA after helping the Bruins to a near perfect season and an NCAA title.
- Returning First Teamers include Simi Awujo (USC), Maya Doms (STAN), Elise Evans (STAN), Simone Jackson (USC), Quincy McMahon (UCLA), Lilly Reale (UCLA) and Reilyn Turner (UCLA).
Working Their Way Onto the Watch Lists
- 17 Pac-12 members were recognized in the TopDrawerSoccer Preseason National Top-100, including five returners in the top-25 with Lilly Reale (UCLA) the highest rated at No. 4 (Maya Doms – 11; Sunshine Fontes – 12; Reilyn Turner – 20; Elise Evans – 22).
- United Soccer Coaches released positional lists of 2023 NCAA Division I Players to Watch and 13 from the Conference were named.
- Forwards to Watch: Simone Jackson (USC), Ioanna Papatheodorou (Washington), Reilyn Turner (UCLA)
- Midfielders to Watch: Jasmine Aikey (Stanford), Maya Doms (Stanford), Sunshine Fontes (UCLA), Ally Lemos (UCLA)
- Defenders to Watch: Zoe Burns (USC), Brooklyn Courtnall (USC), Kayla Duran (USC), Elise Evans (Stanford), Lilly Reale (UCLA), Kennedy Wesley (Stanford)
- The 2023 MAC Hermann Trophy Watchlist featured eight Pac-12 student athletes in, Kayla Duran (USC), Elise Evans (Stanford), Lilly Reale (UCLA), Kennedy Wesley (Stanford), Jasmine Aikey (Stanford), Maya Doms (Stanford), Simone Jackson (USC), and Reilyn Turner (UCLA).
Notes & Nuggets
- Pac-12 programs have combined for seven national championships, all since 2007 (Stanford 2011, 2017, 2019; USC 2007 & 2016; UCLA 2013, 2023) – tying for the most of any conference over that span (ACC – 7).
- A Pac-12 program has reached the NCAA Women’s College Cup final in 12 of the last 23 years and have combined for 28 all-time College Cup appearances, including 24 since 2000.
- Stanford and UCLA made history in the first-ever all-Pac-12 NCAA final in 2017. The ACC and WCC are the only other conferences besides the Pac-12 to have an all-conference NCAA final, with the ACC having done so three times (2018, 2014, 1992) and the WCC once (2002).
- The Pac-12 has earned 41 NCAA Tournament berths over the last seven years, the third-most of any conference in that span (ACC 58; SEC 50).
- A Pac-12 student-athlete has won the prestigious MAC Hermann Trophy six times (all by Stanford), all since 2009 – tying for the most for any conference over that span (ACC 6).
- Since 2016, 47 Pac-12 student-athletes have earned All-America honors, the third-most nationally (ACC – 63, SEC – 49). The Pac-12 also has 21 first-team All-Americans in that span, the second most of any conference (ACC – 23).
- Over the past seven NWSL Drafts, a national-best 72 Pac-12 student-athletes have been selected. Since the NWSL Draft began in 2013, 94 Pac-12 student-athletes have been drafted.
- Three of the top 50 winningest active coaches by percentage in NCAA Division I are in the Pac-12 (Paul Ratcliffe – 2nd, .871; Danny Sanchez – 24th, .680; Todd Shulenberger – 47th, .627).
More Pac-12 Women’s Soccer