Russia-Ukraine warfare: Record of key occasions, day 370 | Russia-Ukraine warfare Information
Because the Russia-Ukraine warfare enters its 370th day, we check out the primary developments.
Right here is the state of affairs because it stands on Tuesday, February 28, 2023:
- Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov says Russia won’t resume participation in New START nuclear arms treaty talks till Washington listens to Moscow’s place, Izvestia reported.
- US Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen has paid a shock go to to Kyiv to reaffirm Washington’s help and financial support to assist Ukraine’s warfare marketing campaign.
- International ministers from all over the world will meet in New Delhi this week within the shadow of the warfare and US-China tensions; Host India hopes points reminiscent of local weather change and debt in growing international locations are usually not neglected.
- China has “very clearly” taken Russia’s aspect within the Ukraine warfare by offering diplomatic, political and financial help, the US State Division stated.
- The Kremlin stated a Chinese language peace plan that urges either side to conform to a gradual winding down of forces and warns towards the usage of nuclear weapons needs to be analyzed intimately, taking the pursuits of all sides into consideration.
- The United Nations rights chief condemned Russia’s “mindless” invasion of Ukraine at the start of a Human Rights Council session at which international locations wish to strengthen scrutiny of suspicions that Russia has dedicated warfare crimes, which it denies.
- The navy state of affairs is turning into more and more troublesome round Bakhmut, the focus of Russia’s advances in japanese Ukraine, President Volodymyr Zelenskyy stated.
- Russia’s protection ministry stated its forces had destroyed a Ukrainian ammunition depot close to Bakhmut, and had additionally shot down 4 HIMARS missiles and 5 Ukrainian drones.
- Reuters was not in a position to confirm battlefield stories.
- Russian banks and politicians have performed down the newest international sanctions on Russian lenders, promising speedy options to any issues with shoppers’ international forex dealings.