Russia-Ukraine warfare: Record of key occasions, day 354 | Russia-Ukraine warfare Information
Because the Russia-Ukraine warfare enters its 354th day, we check out the principle developments.
Right here is the scenario because it stands on Saturday, February 12, 2023:
- Ukraine’s prime navy commander says the nation’s forces are holding their defenses alongside the entrance line within the japanese area of Donetsk, together with the besieged city of Bakhmut, with the fiercest battles for the cities of Vuhledar and Maryinka.
- The pinnacle of Russia’s Wagner Group mentioned it might take two years for Moscow to manage all the two japanese Ukrainian areas whose seize it has said as a key objective of the warfare.
- Galina Danilchenko, the Russia-installed mayor of the Ukrainian metropolis of Melitopol within the southeastern Zaporizhia area, mentioned one civilian died and two individuals have been injured in in a single day shelling by Ukrainian forces.
- NATO ought to maintain an emergency assembly to debate latest findings about September explosions on the Nord Stream gasoline pipelines, mentioned Russia’s overseas ministry spokeswoman.
- US Protection Secretary Lloyd Austin and Ukrainian Protection Minister Oleksii Reznikov mentioned “priorities”, together with air protection and artillery, for upcoming conferences of Kyiv’s allies in Brussels, either side mentioned.
- Russian Sports activities Minister Oleg Matytsin mentioned calls from greater than 30 international locations to ban Russian and Belarusian athletes from the 2024 Olympics have been unacceptable, TASS information company reported.
- Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy sacked a senior safety determine, promising to proceed his drive to scrub up the federal government.