Russia-Ukraine struggle: Record of key occasions, day 368 | Russia-Ukraine struggle Information
Because the Russia-Ukraine struggle enters its 368th day, we check out the primary developments.
Right here is the state of affairs because it stands on Sunday, February 26, 2023:
- Russian mercenary chief Yevgeny Prigozhin has mentioned the forces of his wagner group had captured the village of Yahidne, simply north of Bakhmut in jap Ukraine, on Saturday. The declare couldn’t be independently confirmed.
- Ukrainian army experiences counsel that villages close to Bakhmut have remained underneath Kyiv’s management.
- Russian authorities detained greater than 50 folks at antiwar demonstrations in 14 Russian cities on February 24, based on the Washington, DC-based Institute for the Examine of Warfare.
- Finance chiefs of the world’s largest economies have strongly condemned Moscow for its struggle on Ukraine, with solely China and Russia itself declining to signal a joint assertion on the G20 assembly in India.
- Russia’s senior diplomat to the United Nations has accused the West of “cowboy” strategies and “arm twisting” forward of final week’s UN Basic Meeting vote demanding Moscow withdraw its troops from Ukraine.
- French President Emmanuel Macron has mentioned he’ll visits China in early April, partially to hunt Chinese language assist with ending Russia’s invasion.
- The USA marked the anniversary of Russia’s invasion with $2bn in weaponry support for Kyiv and new sanctions towards Russia geared toward undermining Moscow’s potential to wage struggle.
- A senior Belarusian official was quoted as saying the nation, a detailed Russian ally bordering Ukraine, has as many as 1.5 million potential army personnel exterior its armed forces.
- Russia has halted provides of oil to Poland through the Druzhba pipeline, Daniel Obajtek, chief government officer of Polish refiner PKN Orlen, mentioned on Saturday.
- Ukraine plans no extra outages to ration electrical energy if there are not any new Russian assaults and has been in a position to amass some energy reserves, the power minister mentioned on Saturday, after months of interruptions attributable to bombings.